GREAT NEWS: 100% LINEN IL019 SALE WILL START NEXT TUESDAY, JUNE 19th!
If you’ve been looking for a bag for a special occasion then look no further. This pretty clutch made in linen is the perfect choice and with our wide range of colors you can co-ordinate it with your clothes. To make it extra special we finished it with silk flowers and beads.
The linen I used is a medium weight 100% linen called IL019. It’s our best-selling 100% linen because of its medium weight. Not too heavy and not too light, IL019 can be used for virtually any project.
12” of 59” wide IL019 Linen in Fiesta Marina
Medium weight iron-on interfacing
Silk flowers and beads
To Make Your Pattern
To make your pattern use squared dressmaker’s paper. For the bag draw a rectangle 8” (width) x 8 ½” (length), then curve the bottom corners. To make the flap, draw a rectangle 7 ¾”x 6”. Snip off one corner with a triangle who sides are 3” long.
Place your pattern pieces on your linen. Cut 4 bag pieces and 2 flap pieces. Then cut 2 bag pieces and 1 flap piece in interfacing.
Steps To Sew
1. Set aside 2 bag pieces for the lining.
2. Iron interfacing to the wrong side of the 2 main bag pieces, then iron interfacing to 1 of the flap pieces.
3. With right sides together pin then stitch the bag pieces together leaving the top edge open. Clip curved edges and turn to right side. Press firmly.
4. With right sides together stitch the flap pieces together leaving the top edge open. Turn to the right side and press firmly.
5. With right sides together stitch the lining pieces together leaving a 4 ½” opening in the lower edge. Clip curved edges and press seams.
6. Pin then stitch the raw edges of the flap to one raw edge of the bag.
7. With right sides together pin then stitch the lining to the bag around the top edge. Turn to right side through opening in the lining then sew up opening edges.
*Let us know what you thought of our latest post by leaving us a comment or visit Fabrics-store.com for bargain prices on the fabrics shown in this tutorial. Happy sewing!